A sander mounted on a spindle that both rotates and oscillates in and out or up and down along the axis of the spindle. Good for sanding curves and contours that would be difficult with hand or orbital sanding.
- Do not wear gloves while using the sander.
- Tie back your hair if it is long.
- Do not wear loose, dangling clothing.
- All of the above may get caught in the tool, and get wrapped up in it.
- Hold your material firmly down against the table. Feed it into the sander.
- Do not force it, but apply pressure keep the material both down against the table and against the spindle.
- A lower number grit will be more abrasive and leave a rougher finish, a large number grit will leave a nicer finish and be less abrasive. Ask a staff member to replace the spindle if necessary.